Dehancer is the OFX plugin suite for film-like color grading in DaVinci Resolve. Dozens of real photographic and motion picture films, precisely captured and packed in simple to use plugins with truly analogue controls simulating real film behaviour and effects.
Based on 30-years of film shooting and darkroom experience combined with scientific approach, nonlinear image processing, and… a bit of alchemy, of course.
Dehancer OFX plugin suite features:
- More than 50 next generation film profiles updated within the plugin
- Full range of modern Kodak Vision 3 negative movie films + Eastman Double-X 5222
- Many exotic films and vintage analogue processes based on real media like Ambrotype, Prokudin-Gorsky (1906) color separation, instant films etc
- All film profiles sampled from real films and analogue media, combined with non-linear image processing
- Film targets are optically printed from negatives in our own darkroom to capture true film color and contrast
- Push / Pull simulation: 3 exposure samples and 3 separate profiles for each film – Normal, Underexposed (–2 Ev) and Overexposed (+2 Ev), smoothly adjustable with dedicated control
- Exposure, Contrast and Analogue Range Limiter tools, based upon printed samples and simulating real analogue media behaviour
- Color Density tool emulates analogue saturation and desaturation
- Expand tool is a simple and effective way to control black and white points independently
- Realistic Film Grain simulation with adjustable size, amount and impact (with separate controls in shadows, midtones and highlights).
- Bloom effect with flexible controls brings misty glow and soft, vintage feel, turning lifeless digital picture into a piece of art
- Halation film emulsion effect, visible as a subtle red glow around bright light sources, specular highlights and contrasting edges
- False Color output filter for visual quality control
- Basic set of conversion profiles for movie cameras, including Arri Alexa
All profiles are created in our own full cycle film lab, including film development with proper ECN-2 process and manual optical printing in the darkroom, both color and BW. Sampled data is interpreted using proprietary engineering software based on mathematical methods never used before in film and photo industries.
Dehancer development is in progress since 2015, leaded by Pavel Kosenko – color scientist, photographer, author of books and founder of SREDA Film Lab, the largest film laboratory in the ex-USSR.
Follow our news in social networks:
Please feel free to contact us in English or Russian.
© Dehancer Team, 2014-2020
All rights reserved