Dehancer 2.0 is here and it includes long-awaited Windows version release for Ps/LrC/C1/APh!
1. Windows version official release!
- Numerous fixes that our beta testers are sure to notice )
- Select the appropriate GPU in Plugin Settings and try the OpenCL shared memory option if crashes persist.
- In case of any issues or unexpected behaviour, please send reports to [email protected]
2. Various bugfixes, optimisations and improvements:
- Internals fully reworked.
- Performance increased, memory consumption reduced.
- Interface enhanced and greatly optimised.
- Keyboard issues fixed, added shortcuts.
- EXIF data is now preserved if Dehancer is applied as an external editor with LrC and C1.
- Added tooltips for several interface controls (сan be turned off in the plugin Settings)
3. Presets redesigned:
- Individual tool checkboxes have been removed from the Save Preset dialog.
- Added optional Author input field in the Save Preset dialog.
- When exporting a preset, the preset name is automatically substituted as the file name.
- Presets can now be sorted by name or by creation date (use the dedicated dropdown in the Presets panel).
- Exported preset files now include previews. These thumbnails are now displayed properly after importing a preset.
- Added an option to recall the settings from the last session and the dedicated ‘clock’ icon on the toolbar.
4. Keyboard shortcuts:
Space – Preview Before/After
Z – Undo
Shift+Z – Redo
R – reset tools to the defaults
L – recall tool settings from the last session
Q – Show/Hide Profiles
W – Show/Hide Presets
S – Show/Hide Settings
Enter – apply Dehancer / confirm dialogs
↑↓ – select Next/Previous preset or film profile
A – create new Preset with current settings
Backspace – delete selected preset
This is a free update for the license owners.
Download and get 2-week FREE trial: www.dehancer.com/#download
2 thoughts on “Dehancer 2.0 | Windows support for Ps/LrC/C1/Aph￼”
I don’t know if it’s just me or anyone else but I encountered this error (image link incl. below).
Is there anyway that to hotfix this bug? I’m using GTX1060 3GB.
Hi Dave, please report your issue to our support team at [email protected]